Wisely located near Reed College in Portland
Book Direct on our website.
Our Best Rates + Perks. Always.
Reed isn’t a run-of-the-mill college, and Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel isn’t a run-of-the-mill hotel, so Reedies and RiverPlacies can easily be one and the same. Located about 15 minutes from the hotel, the small liberal arts school has a big reputation for intellectual curiosity and nonconformity. Steve Jobs and James Beard are famous former students (although, interestingly, neither graduated), and the school is known for its yearlong humanities program and nuclear reactor primarily staffed by undergrads. A huge percentage of alumni — 70 percent — go on to earn a graduate degree.
But you don’t need a PhD to know that staying at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel just makes sense when visiting Reed (check out upcoming events at the college here). You can enjoy:
- Spacious guestrooms and suites with river and city views
- Riverside residences with such condo-like amenities as kitchens, washers/dryers and fireplaces
- Seasonal wellness/entertainment programming, view schedule>
- All wagging tails are welcome; no restrictions, no fees
- Eclectic sundry shop with local refreshments, local snacks and great souvenirs
- Delicious, local food and drink served at on-site King Tide Fish & Shell plus almost limitless options nearby
- Complimentary bikes to borrow and yoga mats in every room
- IHG® One Rewards members get complimentary high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel during every stay, plus enjoy a $30 spa credit at participating hotels
- The IHG® One Rewards Elite welcome amenity is a $10 bar credit
- Daily hosted wine reception, welcome cocktail, morning coffee and tea service, as well as, in-room coffee makers
- Valet and concierge services